Katie Burke explores with children: soundscape listening skills, documenting sounds, exploring the relationship between heard sounds and music, creating a graphic score and its performance. This is an informative sequence of video illustrating how to work with children in the area of acoustic ecology. Katie Burke is an education lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland.
- Listening to a soundscape (2'19")
- Noting environmental sounds (2'48")
- Exploring Elements of Music (1'35")
- Creating the graphic score (3'30")
- Graphic score final performance (1'03")
A related video about the reading and performance of a graphic score is this one: Rainstorm graphic score using body percussion.