Illawarra is a region in the Australian state of New South Wales about 1 hour drive south of Sydney with dramatic landscapes and pristine beaches. Such a region can be defined as much by sound as landscape. The Illawarra Sound Profile Project collects audio from the ranges to the sea, tracing a geographical path and building a portrait of the region.
The following are audio-visual profiles from the Australian Broadcast Corporation's Sounds of the Illawarra Project that are archived on Vimeo.
- It's a beautiful world down there (1:21) by Michaela Werener.
- Listening to the Dusk (2:08) by Jasper Tulloch
- Wollondilly River (1:30) by Georgia Batson.
- Dingos of Burragorang Valley (1:27) by Brad Purcell
- Nan Tien Temple - Lion Dnace (1:29) by Maggie Tran
- Nan Tien Temple - Heart Sutra, (1:31) by Venerable Miao You, senior nun